Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jesus Christ Quotes

Jesus Christ Quotes

The name of Jesus is the one lever that lifts the world.
~ Author Unknown

In every pang that rends the heart
The Man of Sorrows has a part.
~ Michael Bruce

I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are very wise and very beautiful; but I never read in either of them: "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden."
~ St Augustine

He changed sunset into sunrise.
~ Clement of Alexandria

Every character has an inward spring; let Christ be that spring. Every action has a keynote; let Christ be that note, to which your whole life is attuned.
~ Henry Drummond

No man can follow Christ and go astray.
~ William H.P. Faunce

When Jesus comes, the shadows depart.
~ Author unknown, inscription on a Scottish castle

If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me.
~ Robert M. McCheyne
{ http://quoteslifelove.blogspot.com }

Sun of my soul! Thou Saviour dear,
It is not night if Thou be near.
~ John Keble

Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded his empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for him.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...