Monday, February 14, 2011

Michelangelo Quotes

Michelangelo Quotes

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.

~ Michelangelo

A beautiful thing never gives so much pain as does failing to hear and see it.

~ Michelangelo

In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.

~ Michelangelo

Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.

~ Michelangelo

Genius is eternal patience.

~ Michelangelo

I live and love in God's peculiar light.

~ Michelangelo

The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course.

~ Michelangelo

Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.

~ Michelangelo

I feast on wine and bread, and feasts they are.

~ Michelangelo


The best artist has that thought alone Which is contained within the marble shell; The sculptor's hand can only break the spell To free the figures slumbering in the stone.
{ http://quoteslifelove.blogspot.com/ }

~ Michelangelo

If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all.

~ Michelangelo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...