Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Famous debate and argument quotes collection

"If you can't convince them, confuse them."
~Harry Truman

"The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it."
~Dale Carnegie

"Don't take the wrong side of an argument just because your opponent has taken the right side."
~Baltasar Gracian

"Wise men argue causes, and fools decide them."
~Frank Tyger

"The argument is at an end."
~Saint Augustine

"The well-bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves."
~Oscar Wilde

"A man never tells you anything until you contradict him."
~George Bernard Shaw

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."
~Dudley Malone

“I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job.”
~Margaret Thatcher

“It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.”
~Joseph Joubert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...